Next Labor & Employment Workshop scheduled for January 22, 2019! (click for details)
Navigating Today's Healthcare Landscape
Presented by Doug Powers
The mid-term elections are over, and the Democrats have won a majority in the House. Among other effects, this development means that the Affordable Care Act, such as it is today, will remain the law of the land for the foreseeable future.
How will this impact employer-sponsored healthcare coverage? What has the Trump Administration done to alter the healthcare landscape? Should employers be happy or sad that the individual mandate no longer carries any penalties? What about the employer mandate? Are premiums likely to stabilize or continue to outpace inflation? Should employers still worry about the Cadillac Tax?
This latest edition of Beckman Lawson's new HR Workshop series will tackle these and other issues. We'll review where things stand today, then take a look at challenges and opportunities that employers face in today's healthcare environment. This NO COST event will include lunch, an informal presentation and discussion, and plenty of time to address your questions.
Some of the topics we'll cover:
- How the ACA has evolved since its passage in 2010
- Healthcare executive orders and regulations the Trump Administration has implemented
- Opportunities that new multiple employer association plans offer
- New ways employers can support employees in purchasing their own healthcare coverage
- Pros and cons of fully-insured v. self-funded health plans
WATCH FOR FURTHER DETAILS AND REGISTRATION E-MAIL TO COME -
SPACE IS LIMITED!